Job Reference: 16497CO3
Salary: Â£55000 - Â£60000 Per Annum Pension + Interest free season ticket loan + discounted insurance products etc
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 01-08-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Kent
We are looking for an experienced Senior Developer to join our Insurance client based in Kent. The company are a well known firm with a history of providing a first class service in this market sector.
Within the UK the client offer commercial, motor, high net worth, property and protection insurance. They also offer life and critical illness products to many high street brands.
The client provides insurance cover for customers via insurance brokers, intermediaries and direct distribution channels. Currently employing around 1,900 talented people throughout the UK, they are perfectly placed with the knowledge and expertise to look after a diverse range of insurance needs.
* Coordinate with the Lead Engineer and working within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop and implement software products
* Deputising the Lead engineer in their absence
* Development and management of technical documentation detailing the developed software systems
* Effective and co-operative communication with co-workers
* Work with the team on new features and system design by applying knowledge of design principles, procedures and practices
* Participating in architecture, design, coding and security reviews and suggest improvements
* Taking ownership to overcome technical problems
* Investigate difficult and complex technical problems and help drive other teams to discover causes and appropriate remedial actions
* Investigate and develop prototypes and proof of concepts
* Provide help and consulting on to application teams and customers as needed / appropriate
Skills and Expertise:
* Previous experience as an engineer/developer
* Good understanding of data structures and algorithm
* Knowledge of an agile software development methodology
* Knowledge of working and testing against product standards
* Knowledge of automated testing, continuous integration and deployment tools and practices
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.