Senior Java Developer/ Full Stack Developer – Java 7/8, Spring, Maven, Restful API
Job Reference: 16788TDS4
Salary: Â£45000 - Â£65000 Per Annum Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 31-12-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Java Developer/ Full Stack Developer
The Senior Developer is responsible for the interpretation of system requirements into designs and the engineering and implementation of solutions. They also play a key role in investigating system issues and defects and providing solutions to the users reported issues.
The Senior Developer mentors and develops less experienced Software Engineers and guides and steers work being performed by our offshore team. Whilst this role has no direct line management there is a great opportunity to develop others and improve processes and our global working.
The Senior Developer will be hands on in Software Development activities however they will also spend a great deal of their time analysing requirements and problems to provide designs and solutions to our offshore Software Engineers to complete the coding activities. They also are our gatekeepers of quality. They will review and approve the code artefacts prior to release to testing.
* Java 7/8
* Spring Framework
* Restful API
* Provides guidance and assistance to colleagues in any aspect of program design, creation, testing and documentation.
* Uses problem solving skills to propose solutions to defects
* Informally coaches and mentors less experienced members of the software development team to help develop the overall team. Including our onshore and offshore teams
* Provides support to our offshore team to provide clarity of what is required for assigned tasks and removes blockers.
* Be responsible for own continual personal development through identification and actioning of own PDP and keeping up to date with industry trends.
* Takes full responsibility for Development solutions for a significant or crucial segment of a project where advice and decisions will have a measurable bearing on the profitability or effectiveness of the organisation.
* Recognises opportunities for business or valid applications across a very broad technical front and shows ability to take action and exploit such opportunities.
* Estimate and plan work and advise manager of progress against activities and highlight issues.
* Defines solutions, writing complex functional/technical specifications, overseeing development and implementation.
* Works with colleagues and client/users to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques.
* Designs large and/or complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result
* Creates and amends programs in accordance with the design.
* Provide support for existing systems, carrying out investigative work and performing software changes to resolve issues.
* Plan, design and conduct tests of programs; correct errors and re-test to achieve an error free result.
* Execute and document all work in accordance with agreed standards.
* Take part in evaluations and reviews of programming methods, tools and standards.
* Takes an active part in Software Engineering policy making.
* Support change brought about through Software Engineering activities, showing understanding, imagination and creativity.
Knowledge & Experience
* Extensive experience with the software engineering life cycle for development and the concepts and practices required to implement effective IT solutions.
* Extensive experience working in a commercial environment.
* Good appreciation of the wider field of development outside their own specialization and a good broad understanding of computer system architecture and techniques.
* Experienced at dealing with clients/users.
Our client pride themselves on hiring the best in the industry, in return they offer a competitive salary (Dependant on experience) plus a competitive benefits package, all within a structured environment where the opportunity to further develop both your skill set and career is endless.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.