Senior Network Engineer
Job Reference: 16178JWP
Salary: Â£400 - Â£500 Per Day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Vacancy Posted: 27-02-2019
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Greater London, London
Main Purpose of the Role:
Network Systems Support Engineer responsible for supporting the EMEA data and voice network and all other aspects of networking including: voice, firewall and infrastructure.
System Operation and Maintenance covering:
* Layer 3 Path Control
* IPv4 redistribution
* EIGRP based solutions
* OSPF based solutions
* BGP based solutions
* Layer 2 switching
* High availability
* Maintaining and monitoring network performance
* Troubleshooting a multi protocol system network
* NX OS
* Firewalls; Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Cisco ASA
* Cisco Unified Call Manager, Call Manager Express and voicemail
* RedBox voice recording
* ARC Server
* IPC Dealerboard, associated private circuits and direct lines
To take ownership of network related incidents and troubleshoot from first alert to resolution, to have good customer facing skills when liaising with users, to co-operate with other team members and other internal teams, to liaise and take charge of vendors for incident resolution.
Maintaining and where necessary creating a full set of comprehensive network data diagrams and documentation.
To conduct project activities to specific time lines and to deliver network data project tasks and objectives assigned to the team.
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
Professional qualification Cisco CCNP
Professional qualification CISSP
To have worked as part of a network data team within a large multi-site critical network environment.
* Excellent communication skills
* Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
* A proactive, motivated approach.
* The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
* Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
* A structured and logical approach to work
* Strong problem solving skills
* A creative and innovative approach to work
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.