Senior Network Engineer
Job Reference: 17093 TDS2
Salary: Â£40000 - Â£50000 Per Annum Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 11-05-2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Newport, Wales
You will be part of a highly skilled team in a very busy environment providing; On-going maintenance and development of the Data Centers and the associated core infrastructure and networks. You will be last line of escalation for complex escalated problems, new customer builds/installs and large projects.You will be required to provide 3rd line support within the Infrastructure and Networks team,and will be responsible for the delivery of a stable, scalable and supported network platform to internal and external customers. The role demands a technically astute person, but with excellent customer facing skills. This role will require liaising with project stakeholders, senior members of the business, and maintaining relationships within the organisation.This role involves administration of existing services over 5 UK based sites, with work concentrated at Newport and Cardiff, as well as deployment of new infrastructure and solutions for customers .
This role attracts an ‘on call allowance’, with the candidate expected to participate with the existing ‘On Call’ rota and shift working pattern.
Knowledge & Experience
* Recent experience with Extreme Networks LAN Switching equipment
* Excellent understanding of Local Area Switching and Routing
* Network Design, Installation, Configuration and Support
* Structured Data Cabling installations
* VOIP troubleshooting
* Ability to create complex, meaningful network diagrams using Visio
* VMWare Distributed Switch Installation, Configuration and Management
* Linux experience
* Selenium experience
* Brocade Fiber Switching Administration
* Solarwinds NPM Configuration
* Juniper MX Router Configuration and Administration
* Full UK Driving licence and access to car for business use
* LAN Solution Improvement Design
* Technical problem solving
* Ability to diagnose complex network issues
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.