Senior Oracle Developer
Job Reference: 16820/NS
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£70000 Per Annum Benefits
Vacancy Posted: 02-01-2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London, Greater London, England
Our client is looking for a Senior Oracle Developer to start ASAP. They are a global market leading company with an outstanding portfolio of brands under their banner who operate in over 30 territories around the world. The successful candidate will play an integral part in delivering outstanding, customer-focused systems maintenance and support services.
They are looking for a dynamic, proactive individual with exceptional technical skills to join their team and are prepared to offer a highly attractive package working alongside some of the most brightest minds in the industry within their state of the art offices in the West End.
This is a senior role which will allow the holder significant responsibility to work with the business to take their own development projects forward.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent. 2:1 or higher.
* Demonstrable commercial experience using the following technologies: Oracle PL/SQL and SQL.
* Oracle Database Version 11g or 12c
* Strong understanding of basic Finance concepts.
* Reasonable level of relevant commercial development experience with a proven track record of successful delivery
* Experience and understanding of the role of the developer in the full SDLC
* Proven track record of feature level design and implementation
* Proven track record of unit/system testing
* Both Technical and Functional knowledge
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal) – able to correctly interpret requirements from the layperson, and in turn to convey complex information in a way that can be easily understood by colleagues who may not be as familiar with the technical world.
* The ability to communicate with stakeholders and manage successful relationships with them is also a key skill required.
* Recent experience of developing Oracle PL/SQL projects of significant complexity from initiation through implementation, including requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding etc.
* Broad technical knowledge of application architecture, system architecture, application integration and object-oriented languages such as Java.
Any of the following would be highly desirable (but not essential):
* Experience in working on large scale projects.
* Experience using agile development methodology
* Have some experience in one or more of the following: Oracle Reports, Java, Oracle Apex, Qlik/Business Objects, SAP or Subversion.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well-known, firmly established company who truly value their employees and offer one of the best benefits packages in the market.
Excellent pension scheme, generous holiday allowance, Life Assurance, Income protection and a whole host of other benefits not available at your average London based company – so for more details and to secure an interview please apply today.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.