Job Reference: 15715GF1
Salary: Â£45000 - Â£50000 Per Annum Excellent Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 29-01-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Greater London, Wimbledon
Server Engineer required for a leading client in Wimbledon
We are looking for a Senior Server Engineer to join our clients Wimbledon office. This role is part of our Server Support Team – supporting primarily Windows server, Linux, VMware, Citrix and storage based systems. This role will be responsible for the development & support of the Wintel environment, storage infrastructure and associated technologies. In addition, the role will provide support for a variety of Wintel based software and various hardware platforms.
* Technical responsibility for the company’s Windows server, Linux, VMware, Citrix and storage based systems
* Ensure Service Desk calls and assigned tasks are resolved in accordance with business requirements
* Day to day management of worldwide production systems, to ensure system stability and high availability
* Provide support for the following operating systems and applications: Windows Server 2003 – 2012 R2, Linux (RHEL), Citrix PS 4.x & XenApp 6.x/7.x, AppSense 8.x – 10.x, VMware 5.x – 6.x and bespoke applications
* Provide support for the following hardware: Sun 4450/4150, IBM 3650, HPE BL & DL ranges, HPE C7000 enclosures, Pure Storage arrays and Dell PS4000/6000 EqualLogic arrays.
* Lead ongoing problem management and capacity planning for server and storage infrastructure in line with the business plans
* Create and maintain support documentation and procedures for all systems. Creation of HLD & DLD documentation
* Provide cross-site support for other team members as required by projects, rollouts, holidays and sickness
* On call support for escalation of incidents in respect of storage and/or server systems
* Excellent Microsoft Office 365 cloud knowledge
* Microsoft Windows features (e.g. Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, ADFS, DFS/DFSR, Group Policy, Failover Clustering)
* Enterprise level storage array management, including replication
* Global server network fundamentals (connectivity types, WAN connectivity, NIC teaming, routing, switching, VLAN’s & subnets)
* Excellent server hardware knowledge (including HPE Blade enclosures)
* Technical experience in heterogeneous environments
* Technical experience in virtual environments in an enterprise deployment
* Technical experience in supporting/deploying Windows operating systems
* Data centre operations experience (internally and externally sourced).
* Experience of using email message hygiene services.
* MCSE 2012
* VCP 6
* ITIL Foundation v3
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.