Service Asset and Configuration Manager
Job Reference: SACM/15472AH2
Salary: Â£45000 - Â£55000 Per Annum Benefits + Car
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 02-01-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Camberley, England, Surrey
Service Asset and Configuration Manager required for a leading client in Camberley
Main Function of Role
Reporting to the IT Service Architect, your track record will demonstrate the inventory management of all IT Assets and Configuration Items (CI’s) required to deliver IT Services ensuring controls are in place for the accessibility of accurate and reliable CI data when required. This information includes details of where assets are located, how those assets have been configured and the relationships between Configuration items.
The primary role of the Service Asset and Configuration Manager is to be the custodian and guardian of all assets, documentation, CIs registered within the asset, and configuration management system and to manage the processes and procedures required to maintain accuracy of the clients Asset and Configuration Item information.
* Defining, developing and maintaining an IT configuration management system (CMS) to securely store Configuration Item (CI) data and to provide accurate information for risk assessment and incident resolution
* Develop and promote the value of Asset & Configuration management policies, models, processes and procedures within the organisation to ensure compliance and reduce risk – thereby maintaining the integrity and security of the configuration management system
* Accounting for, managing and protecting the integrity of CIs throughout the service lifecycle
* Assessing situations, issues and opportunities and escalating these when appropriate
* Acting as a point of escalation on complex issues and providing appropriate support to other team members
* Ensuring best practice and continual improvement in delivery of service to our business
* Defining, developing and maintaining a Software License management framework in order to track usage and deployment of software assets and ensure the client is compliant with Software License terms
* Providing education, guidance, support, to help adoption of and adherence to Configuration, Asset management and Software licencing processes
* Working with 3rd party service providers to produce audits, establish baselines, develop reports, metrics performance indicators and drive improvements in CI data quality.
* Identifying opportunities for improving service operations processes to drive cost and process efficiencies.
* Supporting operational management of a Service Asset Management (SAM) supplier as required – develop and maintain knowledge of suppliers e.g. contractual obligations, key contacts
* Supporting operational priorities and assisting other teams across the department where required
* Other duties requested by the IT Service Architect as required
* Previous experience of working in an IT Service Asset & Configuration role
* Some understanding of multi-tiered applications and how hardware and software components link together
* Understanding the software development lifecycle
* Demonstrable, exceptional leadership skills, including strong communication skills to all management levels
* Influencing skills
* Naturally applies an attention to detail and is process driven
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to consolidate a number to data sources to create ‘a single point of truth’ data record.
* Ability to prioritise and effectively plan within a rapidly changing environment and able to handle multiple tasks
* Strong team player
* Experience of SNOW or similar asset management software would be advantageous
* ITIL v3 training
* Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to all levels
* Ability to effectively manage high volumes of competing demand and priorities
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.