Service Desk Analyst
Job Reference: 16939AS
Salary: Â£220 - Â£240 Per Day Inside IR35
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 Months +
Vacancy Posted: 29-01-2020
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Greater London, London
My London based financial services client is looking for an experienced 2 nd /3 rd line support engineer to join their service desk team on an initial 6-month contract basis.
This role will be inside of IR35 and is likely to extend beyond the initial term.
Working within the Service Management support structure the Service Desk Analyst is responsible for supporting the Service Desk Manager in the delivery of the Service Desk functions of the Incident Management and Request Fulfilment processes. Acting as the first contact point for any customer communications and first time fix, their primary responsibility is to ensure that a clear customer focus is maintained during normal business operations. Responsible for ensuring that they support the Service Desk Manager’s aim to deliver enterprise class support services A key function of the role is the day-to-day delivery of the services within SLA’s and OLA’s.
* Ensure that the relevant and appropriate knowledge based documentation is established and maintained based on common incidents and their resolution. Ensure the detail in closure sections is sufficiently detailed to be of reasonable use for including in the sharing of knowledge with other support areas.
* Possess and demonstrate a basic methodical approach to the resolution of simple incidents. Provide support as required to the Major Incident and PD processes.
* Act as the first contact point for customer communications on Incident Management and Request fulfilment, demonstrating a reasonable level of process knowledge, understanding and comprehension. Ability to take ownership and drive a simple request or incident through to successful conclusion or resolution.
* Support the Service Desk Manager in the aim of successfully delivering enterprise class support services via the ITSM tool and user interfaces.
* Take responsibility and ownership for the Quality of Information captured in support of incidents and requests they raise.
* Responsible for contributing to the provision and delivery of support services within operationally agreed targets during the approved service hours.
* Work in collaboration with team members from all key stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvements to the service based on working practices and experience. Represent those changes to the Service Desk Manager as part of ongoing Service Improvement initiatives.
Functional / Technical Competencies:
* Relative experience of customer focused support roles in relevant areas, with a service administration and delivery background.
* Able to demonstrate a basic process understanding of Incident and Request process
* ITIL Foundation certification preferred.
* Practical customer focused communication skills particularly verbal and written with the ability to elicit information from users via the phone.
* Able to drive simple Incident and Request resolution using the appropriate escalation channels when required.
* Able to contribute to basic whiteboard type design and review sessions.
* Able to evaluate and understand newly developing situations within the team’s scope.
* A team player, approachable and flexible possessing an ability to work independently.
Reasonable level experience in a customer focused role dealing with requests and incidents encompassing all areas of responsibility stated above. Relevant ITIL / Customer Service certifications would be considered advantageous.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.