Software Developer in Test – SDET
Job Reference: 16329AS
Salary: Â£30000 - Â£70000 Per Annum (DOE) Brilliant Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 15-05-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Oxford, Oxfordshire
Software Developer in Test – SDET
Our global client is urgently looking for an experienced and highly motivated Software Developer in Test – SDET to join their team based near Oxford on a permanent basis. The Software Developer in Test – SDET will be part of shaping the future of our products in a cloud environment while working in a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and domain experts with the goal of continuous deployment.
The Software Developer in test – SDET will form part of the software project team.
Software Developer in Test – SDET – Key Skills:
* 2+ years of experience testing Web / Scientific applications
* Ability to systematically problem-solve, debug and optimize and automate routine tasks.
* Experience of working in an agile environment
* Experience with software architecture, coding or scripting languages.
* Experience in some scientific domain
* Able to collaborate with different teams across the programme to promote a quality culture
* Design of test strategies and test automation techniques
* Able to understand, modify and maintain different levels of automation test pyramid
* Experience of using or developing open source test tools and test frameworks
* Ability to spike and recommend test tools depending on various project requirements
* Experience of testing complex applications
* Experience in practices like pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
* Familiarity with build management systems such as TeamCity or VSTS build, and administering continuous integration build systems such as Azure DevOps.
* Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure DevOps
* Familiarity with Git source control, pull request creation and pull request review
Software Developer in Test – SDET – Responsibilities:
* Work with end users, product analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations.
* Influence the architecture to be focused on test automation.
* Continuously improve and simplify QA processes together with developers.
* Design, implement, document, and maintain test automation programs for large-scale systems.
* Create software tools used to perform build verification and regression tests.
* Design and automate test cases, write test plans, and develop supporting test tools.
* Conduct regular regression tests on a periodic basis to ensure performance levels of production systems.
Software Developer in Test – SDET – Benefits:
* Annual Leave
* Health cover
* Gym membership
* Dental care
* Eye care
* Onsite parking
* Onsite café
* Many, many more brilliant benefits
Software Developer in Test
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.