Software Engineer – Security
Job Reference: 16300GF
Salary: Â£48000 - Â£52000 Per Annum
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 30-04-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Cardiff, Wales
I am Looking for an experienced Software Engineer with excellent security knowledge to joining my market leading client on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape and mold the approach and governance in regard to Secure Software development. The Principal Software Engineer will be responsible for implementing and overseeing software security standards and management of frameworks being used.
The main responsibilities include:
* Providing expert knowledge in the secure design and development of software solutions
* Promoting secure software development practices, technologies, frameworks, quality and technology solutions.
* Participating in the continual improvement of Information Security policies, standards, baselines, procedures and guidelines
* Ensuring that the proper technical development documentation is in place to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and data
* Developing and delivering an ongoing secure development awareness programme which considers the continually changing threat landscape
* Working with project teams, solutions design, systems development, IT Operations, Information Security and bid functions to ensure that secure solutions and systems are delivered to the business
* Acting as a QA checkpoint by ensuring governance is adhered to ensuring all of the Quality Management Framework items are present and correct
Experience of software development with multiple languages along with a broad understanding of data governance, security frameworks, and risk management is essential for this role. The main focus for this role will be the Java Landscape so experience in the Java language and frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring, and Apache Camel will be needed.
Key Technical Skills:
* Relevant industry education & IT qualifications aligned to secure solution design and development
* CISMP, CISSP or similar experience
* Significant experience in secure development within Financial Services (e.g. OWASP)
* Ability to develop secure solutions
* Experience of Java frameworks and putting plans in place to continually keep these up to date
* Experience of tracking vulnerabilities in frameworks and their dependencies
* Experience of determining solution requirements
* Experience of the developing of security solutions within enterprise solutions in a Java environment
* Familiarisation of ISO27001
* An awareness of best practice associated with FS Risk & Compliance
* Experience in agile development techniques e.g. SCRUM
* Ability to work with colleagues on resolving actions/issues
* Methodical approach to secure solution design
* Tenacity in resolving issues
* Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks whilst ensuring appropriate priorities are met
* Logical and coherent approach to impact analysis
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.