Software Test Engineer
Job Reference: 16095/MS3
Salary: Â£30000 - Â£40000 Per Annum Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 19-03-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Guildford, Surrey
Our client a rapidly growing tech company I looking for a Software Tester to be involved in various exciting cloud-based software projects. You will be working with the latest technologies & techniques and work as part of a truly Agile organisation.
You’ll contribute to all aspects of software testing from defining test cases to writing automation scripts and performing manual, functional and non-functional tests.
They are Looking for testers who are passionate about quality, that enjoy a highly collaborative working environment and seek to solve technically challenging problems. You will be working with a mature automation framework with selenium grid and nodes to run tests in parallel. Automation covers both UI and API tests and you will also have the opportunity to perform exploratory testing on both client and server side.
Required Skills & Experience
* Professional experience in Software testing using both manual and automated techniques
* Experience using Selenium, ideally with C#
* Experience in both server and client-side testing and cross-browser testing
* Experience analysing user stories for their testing requirements both functional and non functional
* Understanding of Agile methodologies, SCRUM and TDD specifically
* Familiarity with MS SQL or similar databases
* An understanding of Continuous Integration
* Understanding of networking technologies such as SNMP, MPLS, Netflow, DNS, etc
* Experience using SpecFlow
* API Testing (manual or automated) including use of tools such as Fiddler or Postman
* Experience in non-functional testing, particularly performance and security
* Microsoft Azure experience
* Source control management with Git and Subversion
* Working knowledge of PowerShell
Salary and Benefits
Our client provides a supportive environment with a focus on providing opportunities to grow your skills and experience. In addition, we offer:
* 24 days holiday, increasing by one day per full year to a max of 30
* Workplace pension scheme
* Private healthcare
* Cycle to work scheme
* Pluralsight subscription
Work in a focused, but fun and social IT environment – This is a great collaborative, creative team which offers the opportunity for training and to progress your career!
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.