Job Reference: 17216CF
Salary: Â£40000 - Â£50000 Per Annum excellent benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Vacancy Posted: 23-07-2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Our clent based in the Cardiff area have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate SQL Developer. The client are a leading financial services organisation who provide a wide range of financial solutions to their end clients across a wide variety of industries.
The SQL Developer will be responsible for managing the SQL environment and needs to be proficient in SQL 2014 + 2016 and beyond. The client n are currently in the process of working with SQL Server 2019 as well so any experience with this whatsoever would be beneficial.
* Develop complex, scalable and efficient SQL solutions to provide a speedy and reliable data layer for our interaction with our web API’s
* Develop database solutions that will effectively work with millions of finance agreements individually and in bulk
* Develop unit tests that cover 80% plus of the code base
* Produce a quality end product that is fit for purpose in the 24/7 world that the client operates. Business metrics are in place to measure performance and stability of our technology solutions
* Resolve escalated issues from the support team and diagnose issues or bugs
* Seek to automate repetitive tasks to reduce workload across the business
* Document solutions such that other developers can easily pick them up
* Work closely with the Solutions Architect to ensure solutions are developed with maintainability and security at their heart
* Extensive experience in the development of scalable and robust SQL Server solutions (SQL Server 2014 / 2016 / 2019)
* Experience of developing an SQL database solutions, tables, keys & indexes
* Exposure to Redgate SQL Toolbelt would be advantageous as each developer is provided with SQL Toolbelt and full MSDN subscription
* Must have a background in financial services
* Desire to develop high quality software in latest technology
* Proven logical trouble shooting and problem solving skills
* Excellent IT and literacy skills
* Ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload effectively
* Ideal but not essential: AngularJS, competent front end (HTML, CSS) skills
* Previous exposure to Azure DevOps (VSTS) would be advantageous as we use this to manage our sprints
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.