System Support Specialist (HR Payroll)
Job Reference: PSSAB/14109
Salary: £35k - 45k per year + Bonus and Great Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 12 Months - Transition to Perm Possibility
Vacancy Posted: 14-09-2017
Contract Type: Temporary
Location: Bradford, England, Northumberland
System Support Specialist (HR Payroll) required for an position based in Bradford
You will be working for a Global brand that’s a household name. Open planned modern office space and being part of an established team. This client is passionate of development and career progression
Working as part of a wider team to help support, maintain and develop HR & Payroll systems, you will work closely with the Lead Consultant to define problem statements and customer requirements, whilst also managing complex customer queries and data issues.
Your duties will be wide ranging, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
– Ensuring the change governance process is followed for all systems, process and project activities.
– Maintaining the required governance library, including but not limited to: change impact plans, business Continuity plans and
– Supporting with the creation of business requirement documents and reviewing solution design against requirements to ensure alignment.
– Developing test scripts and plans engaging with key stakeholders to secure resource.
– Acting as a Primary contact for system issues that relate to the Payroll area.
– Ensuring a current business continuity plan is in place, agreed and updated on a bi-monthly basis.
– Working with Group Risk and the People Operations Management team to ensure the risk register is up to date and open risk have current mitigation actions in progress.
– Generating business requirement documents that enable efficient and effective solutions to be built.
– Reviewing solution design documents against requirements and collaborating with ERP to ensure they meet required standards.
– Delivering systems changes/initiatives to drive continuous improvement.
– Providing subject matter expertise on key Oracle modules and other HR systems.
– Working with the People Operations/Oracle ERP teams to prioritise systems enhancements driven by continuous improvement activity or systems issues.
– Writing UAT test scripts and co-ordinate user acceptance testing.
– Supporting cyclical projects to ensure that system impacts are identified and managed. Contributing to the generation and management of the systems roadmap.
– Contribute to the delivery of Employee Services projects and solutions to drive continuous improvement against agreed objectives, timescales, and quality standards.
Skills and Expeirence needed:
– Payroll or Systems Payroll experience (Oracle ideally, but also SAP, PeopleSoft, or JD Edwards) .
– Proven ability to influence up to Senior Management level.
– Functional/Technical excellence, with proven reporting skills, and advanced level MS Excel capabilities (e.g. advanced formulas/writing macros).
– Experience in reporting, planning and delivering key strategic imperatives.
– Awareness of the competitor landscape and relevant benchmarks for success.
– A strategic mind set.
– A focus on excellent customer service through delivery and clear communication.
– A wide breadth of skill and experience and proven track record in delivering highly strategic projects and programmes.
– The ability to manage conflicting priorities.
– A collaborative outlook with strong team and people skills.
Benefits include – 25 days holiday, Private Healthcare, 10% Bonus, Life Assurance, Pension Contribution, Income Protection, Multiple Discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.