Job Reference: 16160GB
Salary: Â£0 - Â£0 Per Annum Highly Competitive + Brilliant Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 25-02-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Leicester, Leicestershire
Our client, a genuine market leader within their field and highly recognised name within the retail industry, is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to join their team based in Leicester, on a permanent basis. The Systems Administrator will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, as well as a leading benefits package.
Systems Administrator – Key Skills:
* Windows Server 2008/R2/2012
* Active Directory & GPO Management
* VMWare vSphere
* SAN Administration (Dell)
* Server & Application Patch Management (Altiris)
* Cloud based Internet & E-mail Security (Office 365)
* Symantec Backup Exec
* Excellent communication skills
* Basic SAP BW Administration – Desirable
* Disaster Recovery Management – Desirable
* System monitoring and capacity planning – Desirable
Systems Administrator – Responsibilities:
* To perform general systems administration duties on the IT infrastructure systems including but not limited to Windows Server 2008 / 2012, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, VMware, SAN ( strong VMWare and SAN management experience is critical )
* To provide IT systems administration support to key integration and business application projects.
* Complete regular performance monitoring and trend analysis of the IT systems to assist in capacity management and preventative maintenance planning.
* To implement and maintain the patch management strategy for the IT infrastructure systems.
* To maintain and test the IT backup strategy including resolving day to day support issues.
* To ensure IT auditing and inventorying is performed as required.
* To be a point of contact for escalations from the IT Service Desk and to provide ongoing training to the team.
* To handle diagnosis of incidents escalated to IT Infrastructure team and where appropriate escalate the incidents to other team members.
* To establish and maintain high levels of call ownership when dealing with escalated tickets from the Service Desk- resolving, progressing and managing all calls to a satisfactory conclusion on the Track-IT call management system, ensuring the Service Desk is kept up to date on call progress.
* To work with the Service Desk and Third Line support / development teams within IT for mentoring and development of diagnosis, analytical, problem solving and technical skills to achieve support call resolution.
* To behave as a role model: for delivering the vision and values; for enthusiasm and enjoyment of your work; for teamwork; for coaching and mentoring of colleagues and team members and for professional standards of behaviour.
* To maintain and update the documentation.
* To attend team meetings and agreed training courses.
* Manage 3rd Party Relationships with key suppliers and act as an internal account manager for selected departments around the business.
* Document and update IT procedures and technical documents on the Service Desk Intranet.
Systems Administrator – Benefits:
* Annual Leave
* On-site parking
* Pension scheme
* Staff discounts
* Gym memberships
* Various discount vouchers
* Cycle to work scheme
* Many, many more brilliant benefits, all fully disclosed at interview stage
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.