Technical Consultant – Retail Sector
Job Reference: 16391SR
Salary: Â£50000 - Â£55000 Per Annum Pension+Potential Bonus
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 12-06-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Technical Solutions Consultant – Retail Sector – UK Travel
We are working with one of our biggest customers who are the number 1 solutions provider in to the Retail sector. The opportunity has arisen to join their award winning team in Nottingham.
The client is well known for its investment in its workforce. As they put it: "It’s our people that shape our future"
They’re looking for a dynamic individual to join their Technical Services team .
The successful candidate will be working as part of team based in Nottingham, with travel to both client and customer sites around the UK.
You will be providing technical expertise in the areas of project, support and sales processes, working across multiple organisations advising on their IT strategy, project implementation, and support.
By understanding customer requirements and business objectives, you will be required to provide strategic advice. You will be involved in pre-sales consultancy, working on proposals and tender responses for high profile retailers.
Defining the scope of proposals, and working on tender responses, you will be authoring and maintaining technical documentation alongside training the internal IT teams on new implementations and technical trends.
If you have experience in the following, this role could be for you.
* Able to design and implement IT systems across multiple disciplines to SME companies
* Excellent knowledge of multiple server platforms and associated technologies, roles and features
* Network infrastructure, firewalls, security products and VPN
* Information and cyber security, security solutions and strategy.
* Knowledge of virtualisation platforms Hyper-V and VMware
* A good working knowledge of ITIL processes and controls
* LINUX, AIX or IBM platforms
* Able to manage and implement cloud solutions within Microsoft Azure and AWS
* Knowledge of Citrix Xen Server and VDi solutions
* SQL, Office 365, Sharepoint, VOIP or Unified Messaging Solutions
* Scripting PowerShell and VB Script
* Mobile Device and Endpoint management solutions
* Hold an IT certification in Cyber Security, MCSA/MCSE or VCP
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.