Job Reference: 16534 / GF
Salary: Â£40000 - Â£45000 Per Month Benefits
Salary per: Month
Vacancy Posted: 06-08-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Newport, Wales
Technical Consultant required by a market leading company. Our client is looking for a Technical Consultant with a high technical aptitude to play a key role within the IT middleware team, as well as providing 3 rd line support to the internal and client infrastructure.
This is an excellent chance to work for a highly regarded company who value their employees and offer a competitive benefits package.
* Acting as a mentor to 1st and 2nd line support staff
* Ability to communicate with Clients at a professional level, explaining technical issues to non-technical staff
* Working with the Technical Consultants and Project Managers to deliver on solutions, on time, in conjunction with client expectations
* Maintenance of client environments in line with contractual obligations and best industry practice
* Provide recommendations of efficiency savings, through consolidation, automation or other methods
* Use of automation and scripting to improve efficiencies of solutions, reducing reliance on human interaction to perform regular, repeatable tasks
Skills and experience required:
* 3 years+ in a 3rd line technical role
* Previous knowledge of IBM OS/400 Operating Systems
* IBM HTTP Server exposure
* IBM WebSphere exposure
* WebSphere MQ exposure
* Shell Scripting (Python, bash, Perl etc)
* IBMi systems administration
* Microsoft Windows Server 2008 – 2016 Installation, Configuration and Deployment
* Windows 7 and 10 Configuration and Deployment
Our clients pride themselves on hiring the best in the industry, in return they offer a salary of somewhere between £40,000 – £45,000 (Dependant on experience) plus a competitive benefits package, all within a structured environment where the opportunity to further develop both your skill set and career is endless.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.