Test Automation Engineer
Job Reference: TAEH/16052CB
Salary: Â£50000 - Â£55000 Per Annum £5k Car, Bonus and Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 15-01-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Farnham, Surrey
Test Automation Engineer required for a leading client in Farnham for an exciting permanent opportunity
The Test Automation Engineer is a key member development function, working closely not only with the Integration team but also product managers, scrum masters, sponsors and the business, to ensure that solutions delivered by IT are of the highest quality. Development has operated using Agile for over a decade and is now focusing heavily on DevOps. Key to operating well in this mode is a full suite of methods such as Continuous Integration, and Automated Deployments. Increasing our Test Automation ability to test quickly and safely is one of the key pillars to succeeding. This would suit a candidate with a passion for DevOps and Automated testing and a desire to learn. The role is technical, so it would most suit a Technical Tester, Developer or IT Graduate who has chosen Testing as a career as they will be required to talk mostly with Developers.
* Working on various projects taking a test analyst role as dictated by project requirements, the role will include:
* Working with other test analysts, business analysts and technical leads to review project documentation such as technical specifications.
* Providing input into, and reviewing test strategies and plans, working with project teams, scrum teams, clients and third parties to agree a consistent approach to testing and to identify risks and dependencies.
* Identifying test conditions from project documentation or user stories and developing test cases and test scripts to cover those conditions.
* Perform testing, recording results and where appropriate performing initial root cause investigation.
* Defect tracking and management, working with development teams to identify root cause and resolve issues.
* Update other test analysts / project manager with status of testing / issues on a regular basis (both informal communication and written reports)
Required Technical Skills
The ideal candidate will come from an Agile software development background having made a decision to specialise in software testing. Ability to learn quickly and knowledge of Microsoft tools would be advantageous as well as expertise in agile development methodologies.
* Over 2 year’s commercial experience in Automated software testing (Kanban preferred)
* Integration Test experience.
* Proficiency with testing Integration protocols. In particular; JSON, Rest, Webservices, xml with an ability to create and interrogate data using SQL and SoapUI
* Experience with automation tools and frameworks is desirable. e.g. Selenium, Specflow, Cucumber.
* .Net skills are essential as it’s closely aligned with the Technology in use by the developers
* Experience of the software testing lifecycle including functional testing, system integration testing.
* Experience of identifying test conditions, creating test plans and test cases/scripts from user analysis sessions and project documentation.
* Proven Experience of working in an Agile environment
* Experience of performing testing and working with development teams on issue resolution.
* Experience of non-functional testing such as performance, load or security testing.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.