Web Developer – PHP
Job Reference: 17090SR4
Salary: Â£40000 - Â£50000 Per Annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Vacancy Posted: 19-06-2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Cheshire, Crewe, England
Web Developer – PHP
Based in Crewe, our client who are a leading financial services organisation have an excellent opportunity for a talented and passionate web (PHP) developer to be a part of their digital team. This role will be responsible for collaborating with the global solutions design and test functions and chosen third party partners to deliver digital solutions, ensuring quality, performance and regulatory standards are met.
As an organisation they know that their biggest investment is their employees hence why they strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for all of their staff.
* Creates low-level design, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderately complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools
* Contribute to the implementation of long term strategic vision of the team and technologies, responding to the flexible demands of the working environment
* Collaborates with others as appropriate during delivery and subsequent support of project delivery.
* Build strong working relationships with other developers, and teams throughout IT & Business Change
* Interprets standards to meet project needs and produces web solutions as required
* Provide unit tests of own work and perform peer reviews of colleagues work to ensure quality and provide audit evidence.
* Responsible for production of and maintenance of system documentation
* Manage own workload split between business project, continuous improvement, incident and problems management and service requests
* Work with other developers to ensure quality, supervising junior developers as required
* Proven experience in web application development using
* PHP, MySQL and Apache
* PHP frameworks e.g. Laravel, Lithium
* object oriented programming / modular programming
* Understanding of MVC design patterns and frameworks
* Experience of agile methodologies and tools, as well as SDLC based practices
* Experience of unit testing e.g. PHPUnit
* Understanding of version control techniques (Git, Subversion, SourceSafe)
* Full lifecycle experience
* Experience of Portal Technologies i.e. Backbase, Liferay
* Experience in Magneto module development and Magneto theming advantageous
* Experience of Java development
* Experience of .Net development
* Understanding of integration technologies e.g. message queues and web services.
* Experience of automated testing techniques i.e. Selenium
* UX design and customer journey definition
* Some knowledge of the Linux command line (desirable, not essential)
* Experience of mobile app development i.e. Phone Gap, Titanium
* Application development across multiple platforms
Web Developer – PHP
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.