Workplace Delivery Engineer – Citrix
Job Reference: 17166CF
Salary: Â£350 - Â£450 Per Day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 Months +
Vacancy Posted: 18-06-2020
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Greater London, London
My London based client is looking for an experienced delivery engineer working with Citrix virtual desktop technologies to join them on an initial 6-month contract.
The contract will initially be home working with a remote interview and onboarding process looking to start asap.
The successful Workspace Delivery Engineer will be supporting the operational delivery of the Virtual Desktop Estate and its associated services.
Within the role, you will provide 3rd line support, infrastructure delivery, BAU and project-based work across the business
You will support IT incidents, effectively managing technical and business-based communication and ensuring that route cause analysis and effective resolution is delivered
You will Initiate action to maintain or improve installation procedures and standards within an area of authority
Investigates potential and actual service problems
Assists with preparation of software implementation procedures with fall back contingency plans. Installs and tests new versions of system software.
Plays a leading role in scheduling installation work, liaising with all concerned to ensure that installation priorities are met and disruption to the organisation is minimised.
Functional / Technical Competencies:
* Citirix XenDesktop and XenApp.
* Ivanti User Workspace Manager
* Citrix Netscaler
* Experience using Backup & Restore tools and diagnosis of backup failures to identify permanent resolutions for reoccurring faults.
* Can create instructions or follow agreed plans to deliver hardware and/or software change. Documents actions required for simple and complex problems, confirm correct functionality of hardware and software installations, coaching others where required and advises supervisor and, if appropriate, users of progress.
* Microsoft App-V
* Windows Client Operating systems e.g. Microsoft Windows 7 and 10.
* Ability to create application packages.
* Experienced supporting application and infrastructure servers in a large scale corporate environment including experience of supporting at least one current operating system environment.
* ITIL trained
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.