In today’s modern society, the use of Artificial Intelligence is more commonplace than you may think. It’s how Google can guess what you want to search for, Facebook knows what you’ve been shopping for, and Netflix knows what to tell you to watch next. AI is everywhere, constantly processing data and forming predictions, and some may argue that this is where the future of recruitment lies.
What is AI Recruitment?
Within recruitment, there are now many AI software programs available to use. They are able to analyse data in order to draw predictions that will help recruiters operate more efficiently. By using AI software to automate and streamline the hiring process, you allow the recruiter to spend less time on the monotonous, time-consuming tasks and focus more on the areas of the process that require human intervention. AI enables you to better curate a positive candidate experience while improving the quality of your hires.
What will AI cover?
There are many things that AI can take care of, streamline and perfect within the recruitment process. Here are some of the things that the use of AI will enable you to do:
- Automate Repetitive Tasks: many stages of the hiring process are repetitive and tedious but don’t necessarily need to be done by a human. Tasks such as reviewing a bulk of CVs or scheduling interviews can be handled by AI software.
- Review Documents: Similarly, reviewing and verifying large amounts of candidate documents, such as forms of identification and verification documents, can be highly time-consuming for HR or recruiters.
- Automated Communications: Communication with candidates is vital during the hiring process. With the use of AI, you can easily set up automated emails, chatbots and communications, helping candidates feel informed as to where they are in the process with ease.
- Source Candidates: AI can also be used to help source and qualify potential candidates helping you widen your candidate pool to ensure you get the best talent for the role.
Why use AI in Recruitment?
There are many benefits to be had from integrating AI into your recruitment process, such as:
- Reducing Workload. As mentioned, AI will cover many of the tedious and time-consuming tasks. What would have taken a member of your team hours of work can be done by AI software in no time at all.
- Quickly find Candidates. AI can speed up and refine the candidate search by scanning and sorting through multiple sources of applicants. It can also create talent pools to source from in future hiring.
- Remove Potential Bias. AI software is designed to be objective; it is unable to form opinions and perceptions. By using it, you will therefore neutralise any potential bias a human may hold, whether consciously or unconsciously.
- Improved Candidate Experience. AI that offers chatbots or automated text messaging will allow a candidate better communication with the company, helping them feel more valued and leading to a better experience, whether they are successful or not.
Of course, that isn’t to say that AI within recruitment doesn’t have its setbacks and challenges. Technologies cannot replace humans entirely, and some enquiries from candidates will be above the abilities of a chatbot or automated response. Some may also argue the ethical implications of entrusting something as important as a candidate’s career prospects to such technologies. However, this does appear to be the way recruitment is progressing, and when used effectively, it leads to great success in hiring.
If we can help you with your hiring process, please get in touch.
Share this article