Senior Virtualisation Engineer
Job Reference: 17203/NS
Salary: Â£425 - Â£475 Per Day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 months
Vacancy Posted: 14-07-2020
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Greater London, London
Working in the Client / Virtualisation Services Team within Infrastructure Services department, be responsible for providing desktop delivery infrastructure solutions and support services across EMEA and Securities International.
Functional / Technical Competencies:
* SME in all aspects of Workspace Delivery Architecture with a specific bias towards Citrix and associated technologies (XenDesktop, XenApp, PVS, Netscaler, AppSense, App-V).
* LANDesk (OS build automation, Patch Management) experience an advantage.
* Able to demonstrate a broad technical understanding of the infrastructure stack, to include a number of the following: Cisco MDS, Hitachi / EMC Storage environments, SAN fabric, networking and VLANs, operating systems, server hardware (IBM & Cisco) and virtualisation (VMWare), domain tools (AD, DNS etc.)
* Exposure to the design / configuration and installation principles of geo-dispersed active / active application deployment preferred.
* ITIL Foundation (or above) preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal skills, and must be able to document and articulate to others key issues in the infrastructure arena.
* Able to drive problem resolution through the appropriate escalation channels.
* Able to confidently participate in white board type design and review sessions.
* Able to evaluate and understand new products within the team’s scope.
* A team player, approachable and flexible but also able to work independently.
* Contribute to building a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything undertaken.
Work Experience Essential:
* Demonstrable experience in all areas of responsibility stated above, with focus on design and delivery of infrastructure within the project lifecycle, with second and third line support of the Citrix and associated environments.
Education / Qualifications Essential:
* Degree Educated (preferably Computer Science or similar) and/or similar work experience.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.